It's Prom Season

So I'm back again today for an extensive weekly post. I was thinking about what I could write and realised that it was actually Prom or Ball ( as we call it here in Australia ) season soon. Having  graduated from high school over a year ago and been through the whole Ball experience I do not have an actual Formal or Prom to go to therefore I thought that I would just reminisce on my whole experience and show you guys what I used and wore! How exciting! I think these moments are extremely important in your life and are memories you'll never forget so you want to make sure you feel amazing in whatever you wear no matter what anyone says. Make sure YOU feel beautiful on the inside and out.

So lets get into what my ball experience was like. I seemed to be the one who didn't go ball shopping until the month before, I know late right! I just was overwhelmed and surprised at how fast everything seemed to be coming, from exams to Christmas break and then the yr12 ball. It was a whirlwind to say the least! So below I have some images from my ball and some of the products I used for my makeup ( Don't worry I'll list everything ). I did actually do it myself but had my hair done prior by my hairdresser just to let you all know. I'll also place some images of my dress and the whole complete look. So I hope you like this post and get some inspiration for your own ball or prom.  And this may be a long post so bare with me...


Okay so doing my makeup for the night was actually perfect. I got to choose exactly what I wanted which was something simple, neutral but pretty with shimmer of course. I decided to focus more on lashes using a pair of falsies from manicare and a bold lip which I'll get to a little later. The images and descriptions below are products that I bought specifically for the day but i'll also list all the products I used (there may be a lot) below. 


1. Stila Stay all Day liquid lipstick in aria. These are absolutely amazing! So pigmented with a matte finish and they literally stay all day or night. It was a perfect choice I think, for me anyway. However bear in mind that a little goes such a long way and that lipstick on the teeth is something to watch out for (especially with this bold colour).
2. NARS Lipgloss in Penny Arcade (from the Andy Warhol collection). A beautiful shade that matched the lipstick exactly. The NARS lip glosses are pigmented and have a beautiful glossy sheen, definitely one to try out. This penny arcade shade was part of a limited edition collection so it may not be available still however, go check out their other shades - there is a beautiful variety to choose from.

3. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation Shade 40 Beige. A Beauty Blogger and Vlogger essential this foundation is as its hyped to be. An extremely natural, dewy and smooth foundation, it may have been an odd choice for an event like this however with a full coverage concealer and a whole lot of powder it looks amazing on the skin, yet feels as light as a feather.

 4. Glam Eyes Manicare 'Taylor' Lashes. These lashes were the completion to my ball makeup look, dramatic but not over the top they gave me extreme volume and length yet looked somewhat natural. They were not my personal favourite and are not pictured in the images here but for the price they are a great alternative ( pictured are lashes I would have preferred: Ardell Fashion Lashes in 122).

5. Bare Minerals Eye Shadow in queen tiffany and Bare Minerals Round the clock waterproof eyeliner in 9PM. Bare Minerals has done an absolutely amazing job with some of their products. These two products I got as a gift from an extremely close friend and I couldn't resist using them for this occasion. The mineral eyeshadows are so incredibly pigmented and shimmery, they catch the light and are just beautiful on the eyes. This shade is the perfect muted purple, its not super bright and colourful but adds that hint of something special whilst still being neutral enough for even everyday wear. It was perfect and I can't wait to go pick another one up - they are even pretty affordable a price range between drugstore and high end. The eyeliner is so creamy and pigmented. A super soft formula that just glides with the slightest touch I now use this on an everyday basis and despise the fact that mine is now getting so short. The shade in 9PM is a deep brown which is the perfect alternative to a harsh black for a more soft and smokey look.
6. Maybelline eye studio gel liner in Blackest Black. An affordable, drugstore gel eyeliner perfect for creating a defined lash line and a cat eye wing.
7. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in the shade Glow. A perfect natural 'glow'. See what I did there aha, this is a great product for times when you want blusher to stay. Layered with a powder a cream blush like this will stay put and with this bright pink shade a little goes a long way.



8. Colette by Colette Hayman Clutch. So above is the clutch I took from Colette by Colette Hayman. A faux snakeskin clutch in a metallic white gold sort of colour. It was a perfect match for my dress, I didn't want something too bold that would distract away from the dress and makeup to a neutral clutch like this one was perfect. It was small enough to hold for the whole night and just big enough for me to have my phone, eyelash glue, some blotting sheets and my lip products. 
9. OPI Nail Polish in Lincoln Park After Dark. A beautiful deep dark purple, an 'almost black' colour that really contrasted nicely with my dress and is just a real 'Melissa' shade (not pictured).


Finally ...
10. The Dress. My Dress is absolutely beautiful and I love it and never want to get rid of it! I chose this chiffon layered dress just because 1) It fit! and 2) I felt it was a unique, different and extremely detailed design that let me have my 'princess' moment but not be too over-the-top. I think that when choosing a dress not only does what it looks like matter, but how it fits and how you feel in it is most important! 

I hope you all have an amazing Prom, Ball or formal event this season or in the near future.
Let your heart wander x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.
 

Twitter Updates

Follow Me

Follow

Instagram